Kolkatta based iKure is a social enterprise that delivers primary healthcare and wellness & prevention services to communities in India through innovative technology, trained frontline health workers, network of Hub & Spoke Clinics and focuses on the continuum of care. iKure focuses on addressing the primary healthcare needs across all settings – rural, semi-urban and urban areas.
COVID-19 pandemic has created significant disruptions globally and presented multiple challenges for healthcare providers. iKure, has been focusing on multiple solutions and initiatives to address some of these challenges.
- Covid Awareness and Counseling
- Telemedicine Application
- Training of Frontline Health Workers
- COVID-19 Health Intervention Program
- iKure Population Health Management System
iKure’s secret of success is a synergy of the expertise of stalwarts, strength of its vibrancy of youth–energy. iKure leveraging the power of ICT has developed a medical collaboration platform called Wireless Health Incident Monitoring Systems-WHIMS. This presents an unprecedented potential in diffusion of clinical, preventive and diagnostic services for the country’s poor. iKure’s ethos is deeply rooted in the belief that innovation must meet the basic requirements of the rural population at an affordable price. Using technology with a user-friendly, portable and simple approach, iKure focuses on utilizing the local resources that are readily available and sustainable.
iKure plans to rapidly scale its operations across India and globally. It is looking to provide healthcare services to over 10 million people in the next five years. iKure has raised $1.5 million so far, from investors in India, US, Singapore and Japan.
Ratan Tata invests in iKure and believes to be the need of the country at the moment.
- Launches state of the art Concept Clinic at Rajarhat area in Kolkata supported by PS Group, a real Estate Developer to serve the interest of its workforce through multifaceted CSR activities.
- iKure has introduced non-mydriatic fundus camera 3-Nethra, a product of Forus Health to detect Diabetic Retinopathy, Cataract, Glaucoma in its catchment areas. 3-Nethra is a technology innovation which helps in the screening of common eye problems that can be detected well in time and can prevent blindness. It is simple, portable, and rugged and can be operated by a minimally trained technician.
- iKure is signing up NDA with Mitsubishi Corporation, the biggest trading company in Japan. They are seeking an opportunity in the primary care sector in India through iKure.
- iKure is developing a strong product supply chain system to scale up its inclusive healthcare model to meet the wide diversity of rural needs (both health and lifestyle products). The venture has introduced sanitary pads through its supply chain partner ‘Sprucex care’ making it’s accessible even in hard to reach remote locations.