The Indian Institute of Science (IISc) invites applications from exceptionally bright and motivated individuals with an established record of high-quality research, and a strong commitment to teaching, for Assistant Professor positions in its various academic departments and centres.
Various academic departments and centres
Biological Sciences: Biochemistry (BC); Centre for Ecological Sciences (CES); Centre for Neuroscience (CNS); Microbiology and Cell Biology (MCB); Molecular Biophysics Unit (MBU); Molecular Reproduction, Development and Genetics (MRDG).
Chemical Sciences: Inorganic and Physical Chemistry (IPC); Materials Research Centre (MRC); Organic Chemistry (OC); Solid State and Structural Chemistry Unit (SSCU).
Physical and Mathematical Sciences: Centre for High Energy Physics (CHEP); Instrumentation and Applied Physics (IAP); Mathematics; Physics.
Electrical, Electronics, and Computer Sciences (EECS): Computer Science and Automation (CSA); Electrical Communication Engineering (ECE); Electrical Engineering (EE); Electronic Systems Engineering (ESE).
Mechanical Sciences: Aerospace Engineering; Centre for Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences (CAOS); Centre for Earth Sciences; Centre for Product Design and Manufacturing (CPDM); Centre for Sustainable Technologies (CST); Chemical Engineering; Civil Engineering; Materials Engineering; Mechanical Engineering.
Interdisciplinary Research: Centre for Biosystems Science and Engineering (BSSE); Centre for Nano Science and Engineering (CeNSE); Computational and Data Sciences (CDS).
Applications are invited from India and from individuals who are not citizens of India (with or without the Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) status). IISc especially encourages women candidates to apply.
- Ph.D., with First Class or equivalent (in terms of grades, etc.) in the preceding degree, and a good academic record throughout.
- A minimum of three years teaching/research/professional experience, excluding the experience gained while pursuing a Ph.D. In exceptional cases, candidates with less than requisite experience will also be considered.
- Candidates should preferably be below 35 years of age.
Vacancies: For 2021, a minimum of 60 vacancies are available.
Women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Candidates from under-represented categories are especially encouraged to apply.
How to Apply-
Applicants have to log in to https://recruitment.iisc.ac.in/frp/ to fill the online application form. The following documents are required (in PDF format) to be uploaded along with the application form, as indicated in the portal.
- Curriculum vitae with a list of all publications
- Up to 5 selected publications of the applicant
- A Research Plan. The research plan should also include the laboratory space requirement and equipment and the estimated cost (including any cost for laboratory preparation).
- A Teaching Plan at the undergraduate and post-graduate levels
- Caste and/or Disability Certificate from the competent authority, as applicable.
- Any other relevant information the applicant may wish to furnish.
Please click on this link to access the online portal: https://recruitment.iisc.ac.in/frp/
Last Date for Apply–
This is a rolling advertisement, and candidates can apply any time during the calendar year.