The Department of Mathematics, S. P. College, Pune is organizing an online course on ‘Vedic Mathematics’.
The real beauty of Vedic Mathematics cannot be fully appreciated without practicing it. This Basic level course covers the various speed maths techniques across levels with lots of examples and numerical for easy understanding and grasping.
Duration of the course: Total 15 clock hours. Every Session would be of 1 hour (once a week). The participation certificate will be issued on successful completion of the course.
For the details of the course you may visit www.spcollegepune.ac.in
Link for the Registration:
You will receive bank account details for the payment of fees by mail.
Prof. Amar Pote (Coordinator) firstname.lastname@example.org
Why is this course important?
1) It helps a person to solve problems 10-15 times faster. 2) It reduces burden (Need to learn tables up to nine only) 3) It provides one line answer. 4) It is a magical tool to reduce scratch work and finger counting. 5) It increases concentration and creativity. 6) Become a mental calculator
What will students learn from this course?
1) Learn easy and fast math tricks. 2) Find patterns, simplify complex equations and make it fun.
Who will benefit from / who can pursue this course?
1) Students of Grade 3 onwards up to Grade 12. 2) Maths Teachers, Maths Enthusiasts. 3) Those preparing for UPSC, MBA, GRE, GMAT, CSAT, Banking, Engineering, CAT, or similar competitive examinations.
What makes this course Unique?
1) The principles, formulas, and working of Vedic Math are very different from modern mathematics. 2) Once understood and practiced, one can do all kinds of calculations much faster and easier than the modern mathematical system. 3) It is basically very simple and can be easily adopted by students, professionals and any person.
Topics and Tentative Course structure:
1) Introduction and Basics Review
2) Arithmetical Computations
4) Division (by the Nikhilam method)
5) Division (by the Paravartya method)
7) Highest Common Factor
8) Solving Simple Equations (by the Paravartya method)
9) Solving Quadratic Equations
10) Solving Cubic Equations
11) Elementary Squaring and Cubing
12) Square Roots
13) Cube Roots