The course has been formulated with the aim, to provide an introduction and orientation to the functioning of the Indian Criminal Justice delivery system, and the role forensic science plays in this process. With the use of case studies, mock crime scenes and various practicals, it gives the students the opportunity to hone the basic skills necessary for investigation.
This course is apt for all interested professionals from the fields of Police, Security, Legal Management, Media, Sociology as well as any citizen or student keen to learn more about forensic science and the law.
- Foundations of Criminal Law, Crime Scenes & Crime Scene Processing
- Ethics and Research Methods
- Investigation Procedures – Crime Scene to Courtroom
- Forensic Biology, DNA and Immunology
- Medico-legal Investigations
- Emerging Trends in Forensic Science
- End of year project & Moot Court
Minimum HSC certificate or equivalent with a 60% grade (Pre-requisite: Arts (Psychology), Science or Law)
Selection Method: Merit based & Interview
Duration and Timings
One Academic year (July to April)
Timings: 4:00 pm – 7:00 pm Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday
Course Fees: Rs. 27,000 + Processing Charges: Rs. 500 (online transfer)
For more details visit : http://xaviers.edu/main/