An unique 2 year full time, face to face program to develop a cadre of scientists well versed in modern biology and Ayurveda. Newly launched course for students wanting to understand the old with the new, and achieve perspectives with experiential hands-on training. Be uniquely qualified to work in the herbal, pharma and wellness industry, apply for PhD (overseas/India), start-ups, NGOs etc.
Eligible graduates include those with:
- AYUSH graduates.
- B. Pharm., M.B.B.S, B.D.S., B. V.Sc.
- B. Sc., with biology and/or chemistry subjects like botany, zoology, biotechnology, life sciences, biochemistry, microbiology, genetics etc.
- B. Tech., (Biotechnology)
Age Limit: No age limit.
The University of Trans-Disciplinary Health Sciences and Technology (TDU), Yelahanka, Bangalore
Application deadline: 15 May 2021.
Number of Seats: Only 30 seats available.
For program details and application process: bit.ly/msclsab.
In this program, students will receive instructions on contemporary biomedicine and ecology, along with Indian Systems of Medicines. Students will acquire the tools and vocabulary to rigorously explore the theory of physiological functioning, disease etiology, drug formulations and clinical practices that underpins India’s vast medical heritage. They will also develop scholarship and understanding, for conserving and finding new applications for Indian systems of medicines in contemporary healthcare.
This 2 year PG degree will attempt an intellectual and practical integration of Ayurveda and contemporary biology at the level of students, faculty, curriculum and research. By the end of course, we hope students would have learned that there are many paths to discovering new biology.
- One year dissertation research project:
- A course for science, AYUSH, and medical graduates:
- In-service AYUSH and medical graduates can exit the program after one year with a PG Diploma in Ayurveda Biology.
- 7 functional centres operating in broad domains of life science and Ayurveda:
- Best Curriculum:
Future career opportunities
- R & D: Healthcare, Wellness and Herbal Industry
- R & D: Academia Biotech startups in Wellness, Herbal products, Drug discovery, Health.
- PhD: India or overseas; all nationally competitive PhD exams like UGC-NET, DBT-JRF etc
- Higher education teaching
- Medicinal plant production and conservation
- Policy, NGOs, Outreach
The University of Trans-Disciplinary Health Sciences and Technology
Established in 2013, TDU is a Karnataka State Private University with a unique combination of resources, faculty and environment. TDU received approval to be a UGC recognised university wide letter No.F.8-8/2015(CPP-I/PU) on 23 Sep 2020.
Situated on a 17-acre campus in Bangalore, they have laboratory facilities, herbarium, medicinal plant nursery, pharmacy and close association with a 100-bed integrative healthcare hospital. Laboratory facilities currently include molecular biology, microbiology, cell biology, analytical chemistry, phytochemistry, C. elegans facility, Drosophila facility, FACS and bioinformatics.
Hostel and transportation facilities available on site.