Notification for Engagement of Trade Apprentices under the Apprentices Act. 1961 at lOCL-Southern Region fMD)
Indian Oil Corporation Limited, one of the largest commercial undertaking in India and a Fortune “Global 500” Company, as a measure of Skill Building Initiative for the Nation proposes to engage Technical & Non-Technical Trade Apprentices at its Locations in States of South India (Tamil Nadu & Puducherry, Karnataka, Kerala, Andhra Pradesh & Telangana).
STIPEND: Rate of stipend payable to apprentices per month shall be as prescribed under the Apprentices Act, 1961/1973/Apprentices Rules 1992 and as amended from time to time.
- Age: Minimum 18 years and maximum 24 years as on 31.10.2020 (Relaxable by 5 years for SC/ST i.e. up to a max of 29 yrs., 3 years for OBC i.e. up to a max of 27 yrs., for the posts reserved for them). Candidates belonging to PwBD categories shall be given age relaxation up to 10 years (up to 15 years for SC/ST) and up to 13 years for OBC-NCL candidates.
- Period of Apprenticeship Training: As indicated against respective Discipline codes.
- Selection Methodology:
1. The Selection shall be on the basis of performance of the candidates on the basis of marks obtained by them in the Written Test and meeting the
notified eligibility criteria.
2. The Written Test will be conducted with Objective Type Multiple Choice Questions(MCQ’s) consisting of four options with one correct option.
- The candidates will have to qualify successfully through each stage of the selection process i.e. Written Test (Minimum 40%, relaxable by 5% for candidates from SC/ST/PwBD categories against reserved positions) and Pre-engagement medical fitness for being adjudged suitable for engagement.
- Candidates are advised to ensure that they are medically fit as per Indian Oil’s pre-engagement medical standard. Candidates are advised to go through the “Guidelines and Criteria for Physical Fitness for Pre-engagement medical Examination” before they commence the application process.
- E. Concessions /Relaxation: 1. SC/ST/PwBD candidates appearing for Written Test will be reimbursed single second class railway fare from the nearest railway station of the mailing address to the place of test and back by the shortest route on production of ticket, provided the distance is not less than 30 KMs.
- SC/ST/OBC (NCL-Non Creamy Layer) candidates applying for Unreserved (UR) seats shall be considered subject to their fulfilling the standards applicable to candidates belonging to General category.
1. Candidates are advised to carefully read the full advertisement for details of Educational Qualification and other eligibility criteria
before submission of online application on or before 12 December 2020 @ 5 pm.
2. Candidates are advised to register as a Trade Apprentice online in the following portals under the respective State as per their Trades below:
a) Trade Apprentice – ITI at http://apprenticeshipindia.or2/candidate-reeistration
b) Trade Apprentice Accountant at httD://apprenticeshipindia. or2/candidate-re2istration
c) Trade Apprentice- Data Entry Operator at http://apprenticeshipindia. or2/candidate-re2istration
3. If the application is not submitted in line with the eligibility criteria, terms & conditions, then the Application is liable for rejection.
4. The last date for submission of on-line application is 12 December 2020 @ 5 pm. Candidates are requested to apply sufficiently in advance before the closing date.
5. All the candidates are advised to keep the copy of the printout of the online application form for reference as candidates are required to quote their application no. and date of birth for downloading admit cards from our website: www.iocl.com or at (https://www.ioc].com/PeopleCareers/iob.aspx)
6. Candidates are advised to periodically visit our above website as all future correspondence and latest information with regard to Written Test shall be only on our website and/or by email/sms-alerts.