Many of us are aware of Sundar Pichai who happens to be from India and is one of the successful CEOs of Microsoft. However, success is never an easy task and therefore, there is always an untold story behind the scene which many students are not aware. Let us understand how an average boy from remote area of India achieves such great heights, as behind every success there is an untold story.
- Developed Positive Attitude: Sundar Pichai was born in a middle class family from Chennai India.They lived in 2 bedrooms home. He often had to sleep on the living room floor. So here the story of Sunder Pichai is not different from most of the students in India. Most of the Indians have this average lifestyle. However, under such situations it’s important to develop positive attitude and never feel the pain of circumstances which is usually in no one’s hand. Sundar Pichai always maintained highest level of positive attitude. He kept studying and situational crises never ever disturbed him from carrying out his regular activities.
- Started Dreaming at an Early Age: Sundar Pichai dreamt of becoming a cricketer as a child. He even pursued it without even knowing whether he is capable of doing it. He never bothered of success and achievement during his childhood days. What mattered to him was just enjoying the dream. He said, it is important to follow your dreams and heart. Do something that excites you. We need to understand that dreams needs to be enjoyed before it can be made as a professional career. The early age dreaming is important in understanding our potential and capabilities. It doesn’t matter even if the early age dreams are never accomplished.
- Achieved Early: Achieving early should become a passion. At the age of 17, Sundar Pichai joined IIT Khargapur. At the age of 21 he went to study masters in Electronics at Stanford University. When you achieve at an early age it gives you sufficient time to develop quality and attain proficiency in the field of your choice.
- Never Stopped Studies: Most students after getting job think of quitting studies. Sundar Pichai never quit studying. He did his MBA from the Wharton School and kept himself updated with new technology at every stage of his life.
- Kept Developing Skills and Intelligence: At the age of 32 on 1st April, Sundar Pichai gave a Job interview at Google. When he was asked about Gmail, he thought it was an April fool Joke. But he got selected at Google only due to his skills and Intelligence. So even during our rest time we must keep developing skills and Intelligence.
- Shared Activities: Sundar Pichai use to sit hours outside the cabin of his boss office waiting to tell her about his team’s activities. It is so important to share your activities with teachers and parents. It helps in developing your confidence and keeps motivating you after every activity. Even if you have not achieved success in the activity it’s important to share it as the proper guidance can be obtained at an early stage.
- Loyalty: It was rumoured that rivals like Microsoft and Twitter were ready to hire him but he remained loyal. Therefore, at the age of 43 he was selected CEO of Google. It is important to be loyal with your work and workplace.
- Showed Acts of Generosity: In 2018, he reportedly turned down a big grant saying he was already being paid generously.
- Was Compassionate: He helped many start-ups of approximately $1 billion for the development of next generation technology.