A Competition open to Academic Institutions in Maharashtra
It is scientifically proven that a 1.5-degree Celsius rise in temperature will be inevitable in just six years if we continue our present lifestyles. This will have an irreversible negative effect on Earth, humans, and other life forms. In the very brief time, we have to halt reaching that point of no return, all who inhabit Earth need to Invest in Our Planet.
About the EARTHDAY.ORG Star Campus Awards-2023
Towards this aim, we invite all educational campuses to compete for the EARTHDAY.ORG Star Campus Awards-2023. Each entry needs to describe efforts made to turn their campus environment friendly. 10 Best Entries to be recognised and awarded. The work of awardees will be showcased widely on national and international sites to inspire others to replicate the examples.
Application Opens December 15, 2022
Deadline for receiving Applications March 31, 2023
Top 10 WInners Announced Earth Day 2023 (April 22)
Who can Apply?
All Educational Institutions in Maharashtra – Schools, Colleges, Universities, Research Centres, Laboratories, and Activity Centres. Any student representative or faculty member, with the permission of the Vice Chancellor/ Registrar, /Dean, /Director, /Head of Department/or Administrative Authority, can submit the application.
There is NO registration fee for the Application
Awards and Recognitions
The top 10 Star Campuses awarded
- Winner Certificate
- Facilitated with media exposure
All participating institutions to get
- Participation Certificate
These are 5 Impact Areas based on which the applications will be reviewed.
- Percentage of energy consumption provided by Renewable Energy (solar/wind/biogas) installed within the campus?
- By how many watts has Energy Consumption reduced over the past 2 years by switching to energy-saving devices and judicious use of energy?
- Is there net metering?
- What Innovative Methods are installed for Energy Conservation?
- Percentage of water demand supplied by campus lakes/wells/bore-wells/tanks on campus
- By how many liters has Water Consumption reduced over the past 2 years by switching to water-saving devices and the judicious use of water with the installation of devices such as Sensor Based taps, Tap water flow reducers, use of IoT Dashboard for real-time water consumption management, multiple use of water, use of flushes with less water, etc?
- WASTE MANAGEMENT:
- What percentage of waste generated get managed on campus?
- How successfully is the institution managing waste with recycling/reusing/utilising other practices?
- What are the innovative methods of waste management installed?
- GREEN INFRASTRUCTURE AND THE GREEN CANOPY:
- How many buildings on campus are ‘Green’ Buildings?
- What percentage of the campus space has greenery?
- Is there an audit of the carbon footprint of the campus? If so, how much is this?
- BEYOND THE INSTITUTION:
- How many institution representatives participated in national/international environment-related conferences/programs/other initiatives?
- How many guest speakers from other institutions addressed events related to the Sustainable Development Goals organised on campus?
About Earth Day Network
Earth Day Network India (EDN) is a registered trust in India. It engages with multiple organisations from the government, academic, and educational sectors to take the environmental movement forward. EDN programs reach out to varied demographic profiles across the length and breadth of the country—from those at the grassroots to policymakers. EDN has programs in each Indian state and several geographically diverse climatic zones, where it works in partnership with leading environmental organisations.
For any query, please contact with Mr Vinayak Salunkhe at +91 – 8999779586 or firstname.lastname@example.org