‘KARYASHALA’ is aimed to provide hands-on experience to the students primarily from universities, colleges, private academic institutions and
newly established institutes in handling / troubleshooting of high-end scientific instruments, softwares and such skill development on themes
required for research work. The program is meant to support motivated PG and Ph.D. level students, who are having a strong willingness to get
excellence in their scientific and engineering research pursuits. Following are the objectives of this high end workshop:
1. To impart the knowledge of design of experiments and thus enable the scholars to understand it with real life examples.
2. Participants will be able to understand the fundamentals of VLSI and applications of VLSI in IoT, Artificial Intelligence, DSP, Wireless Communications etc.
3. Understand the application of machine learning in the VLSI area.
4. Participants will be able to simulate circuits and Layout design on CAD tools.
5. Participate will able to understand the basics and modelling of Interconnects at nanoscale.
6. Recognize research problems in the field of VLSI.
7. To develop programming skills among researchers to deal with customized coding problems related with their research work.
Karyashala is open to postgraduate students/research scholars from all Institutes, Colleges and Universities. Preference will be given to the students having interest towards VLSI, Spintronics, Machine Learning, Interconnects, Memory Design, Antenna Design, CAD Tools, PSPICE/HSPICE, and HFSS Simulator.
Total number of seats is limited to 25.
The selected candidates will be Provided with support in the form of Travel (3AC), stationery, consumables, accommodation, food etc, as per institute norms. The applicants have to submit the NOC from the supervisor/HoD/Head of the institute.
There is no registration fees.
Registration opens: January 05, 2022
Last date for application: February 05, 2022
Display of shortlisted candidates: February 07, 2022
Workshop dates: February 21-27, 2022