Microsoft, believe that technology alone cannot prepare students for their future and build successful schools. Technology is an accelerator, but alone it does not enable change. Microsoft, believe in the power of leaders and educators, and the multiplied impact they can have when they come together to learn and grow in a supportive community and are recognized for their achievements.
Microsoft educator and schools programs were created to recognize global leader and educator visionaries who are using technology to pave the way for their peers in the effective use of technology for better learning and student outcomes.
Individual self-driven educators who are passionate about teaching and learning, who inspire students with creative thinking, and work in a collaborative spirit can plan to become Microsoft Innovative Educator (MIE) Expert certified. MIE Experts share their learning with colleagues and other educators through local training programs in their own school systems, presentations at conferences, blogs, social channels, and more. Resourceful and entrepreneurial, they relish the role of change agent, and work to achieve excellence in education using Microsoft technologies coupled with their innovative teaching practices.
To become an MIE Expert, one must have joined the Microsoft Educator Center and become an active user, earned your Certified MIE Badge, and demonstrate how you have incorporated Microsoft technologies in innovative ways in your work with students and teachers.
How to Join the Program
Be sure that you have joined the Microsoft Educator Center and completed your profile. You will need to download your transcript, put it in a location in which you can share it, then create and share a URL to your transcript as a part of the nomination process. You can find your transcript by going into your profile on MEC.
Ensure that you have successfully passed two hours of courses on the Microsoft Educator Community and earned your Certified MIE. You must be a Certified MIE to become (or stay) an MIE Expert.
Create a 2-minute video or Sway that answers the following questions in a manner that creatively expresses what makes you a Microsoft Innovative Educator Expert. To share the video/Sway in your nomination, you will need to post it somewhere that allows you to create a URL to share it.
– Why do you consider yourself to be a Microsoft Innovative Educator Expert?
– Describe how you have incorporated Microsoft technologies in innovative ways in your classroom. Include artifacts that demonstrate your innovation. Your examples should demonstrate that you have cultivated a strong 21st century teaching and learning environment.
– How have you impacted the learning and growth of your colleagues? Have you reached beyond your classroom to coach/support other educators in their growth?
– If you become a MIE-Expert, how do you hope it will impact your current role in the next 12 months?
Nominate yourself here: http://aka.ms/mienomination
MIE Experts have the following opportunities:
- Access to professional and career development opportunities and certifications
- Share your expertise with world-renowned educators and specialists to scale their innovations
- Build educator capacity in your community (school, district or at training events) by speaking, training and/or coaching colleagues and inviting them to participate in the online Microsoft Educator Community
- Participate in focus groups giving feedback to development teams on Microsoft products
- Test new products while in beta form and participate in pre-release programs for certain education-related tools
- Represent Microsoft through product demonstrations and by attending events
- Collaborate with innovative educators around the globe
- Host regional events showcasing your use of Microsoft technology in the classroom