Indian Institute of Remote Sensing launches free 5 day outreach programme on “Remote Sensing Applications in Agriculture Water Management.
What will you learn?
- Concepts and fundamentals of agricultural water management and the role of Earth Observation (EO) in water management.
- Remote sensing of irrigated crop area mapping and irrigation crop water requirements.
- Remote sensing of regional crop evapotranspiration estimation.
- Satellite remote sensing of soil moisture and global products.
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) and advanced remote sensing for agricultural water management.
Eligibility and application process
- This course by ISRO is scheduled from 3 August to 7 August 2020.
- Personal details like address, education, and profession need to be entered into the form.
- You are also required to upload a photograph and an identification proof.
- Professionals from the central or state governments, private organisations, NGOs, as well as students and researchers engaged in water management aspects of agriculture can apply.
Things to know
- There is no fee for this online course.
- A certificate of completion will be awarded to participants who complete 70 per cent attendance and score 40 per cent in the online examination.
- No specific hardware/software is needed to access the classes. However, good speed of internet connectivity will be helpful. A desktop/laptop with a webcam and microphone is preferred.