National Atmospheric Research Laboratory (NARL) is a centre of excellence engaged in carrying out front ranking research in atmospheric sciences and associated technology developments. It provides unique opportunity for conducting experiments and/or numerical modelling in various fields of atmospheric sciences, viz., aerosols and trace gases, clouds and precipitation processes, middle atmospheric structure and dynamics and ionospheric plasma processes and space weather impacts. NARL is equipped with a variety of
sophisticated instruments like, radar and lidars, airglow instruments, GPS sonde, microwave radiometer, GNSS receiver networks, instrumented towers, climate observatory and a high-performance computer for modelling work.
NARL invites applications for Post Doctoral Fellow (PDF)/Research Associate (RA) positions from highly motivated young researchers with an established record of high quality research and publications.
Interested candidates should submit a research proposal detailing the objectives, present understanding, gap areas, methodology and expected outcome along with their CV and publications.
RA-I – Rs. 47000
RA-II – Rs. 49000
RA-III – Rs. 54000
Note: A provisional fellowship amount of Rs. 45000 will be paid to those candidates who have submitted their thesis but are yet to be awarded Ph.D. degree.
House Rent Allowance, Medical benefits and transport will be provided as per rules of the host institute.
1. Educational Qualification:
First class (≥60%) post graduate degree with doctorate (Ph.D) in the field of Physics/Atmospheric Science/Meteorology/Space Physics/Signal Processing /Computational Electromagnetics/Instrumentation. Those who have submitted their Ph.D thesis and are awaiting final viva can also apply for the above position.
First class (≥60%) in ME/M.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering/Remote Sensing/Optical Engineering/Microwave Engineering with at least 3 years of research experience and one research paper in Science Citation Index (SCI) journal.
2. Age limit: Less than 35 years at the time of submission of applications but relaxation for five years in the case of SC/ST candidates and three years for OBC candidates will be provided. Ex-Servicemen and Persons with disabilities are eligible for age relaxation as per Govt. of India orders.
3. Selection Process: Mere fulfilment of essential qualifications and experience do not vest any right in a candidate for being called for interview. A duly constituted screening committee shall screen the application received for the post. The laboratory reserves the right to call for interview only those candidates who in its opinion are likely to be suitable and will not entertain any correspondence in
4. The candidates who are already employed under Central/State Government, Public Sector Undertakings or Autonomous Organizations should invariably send a NO OBJECTION CERTIFICATE from the employer concerned. SC/ST/OBC/PWD/Ex-Servicemen Candidates are required to produce a copy of the certificate in the prescribed format signed by the specified authority at the time of interview. A person who wants to avail of benefit of PWD reservation would have to submit a disability certificate issued by a
competent authority in the prescribed format. Degree of disability for reservation: only such person would be eligible for reservation in
services/posts who suffer from not less than 40% of relevant disability
5. This is a rolling advertisement and is valid till all the vacancies are filled. Applications received in response to the rolling advertisement will be considered as and when required.
6. The decision of NARL in all matters relating to eligibility, acceptance or rejection of applications, mode of selection, conduction of interview, will be final and no enquiry or correspondence will be entertained in this connection from any individual or agency on behalf of the candidate.
7. HOW TO APPLY :
Interested candidates meeting above requirements may send their detailed CV giving full academic record, research experience, research publications, awards, names of two referees and a research proposal to email id : firstname.lastname@example.org in a single pdf file not exceeding 10 MB. Printed application with the above documents with self-attested copies of certificates should be sent to THE
ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER, NATIONAL ATMOSPHERIC RESEARCH LABORATORY, P. B. No. 123, S.V. UNIVERSITY PO, TIRUPATI – 517502, A.P